It’s been getting all serious around these parts, talking about anger and baby loss (and crashing the blog because I guess there are a few women out there who can relate). So to shift the focus off of myself and my B I G emotions that I sometimes write about, I thought I’d […]
Archive | shout outs RSS feed for this section
Big week, yes? There’s just so much happening right now, but it’s all good, good, good. You really should read these guys: So excited about Simple Design that just launched. It’s part of the Simple Media family… all amazing blogs. Dishes and Litany and all that Beauty by Mama:Monk. Read it, mamas. No need to […]
Around the World: This short, powerful, little post What I Know from In the Details just makes my heart well up. Mamas, you will love this Mother Letter from one of my new favorite bloggers, Sarah Bessey, where she encourages you to find freedom from the notion that the The Perfect Mother exists. I couldn’t […]
I haven’t done any shout-outs in a while… I suppose I just somehow slipped out of rhythm. But there are some posts that I read this week that I believe deserve a wider audience and are worth your precious blog-reading time: 1) Cameron describes the innocence of childhood that’s revealed when teaching her fifth grade […]
Thanks for visiting. I'm all about mamahood, empowering women, faith in action, and telling stories of truth, discovery, and redemption. I'm a writer, speaker, and Bible teacher and my heart beats to encourage others in the every day task of pulling heaven to earth around us—in our neighborhoods, across our borders, and around the world. I'm also an Oregon treehugger married to an Aussie city slicker (whom I adore) and I have two young sons, three babies in heaven, and an insatiable desire to sleep in. Some say our family's a bit unconventional; I guess they're right if they mean being urban missionaries, tiny house dwellers, and believers that all things are in the process of being made new.
The Love A Mama Community also lives here in this online space. It's a place where we link arms to inspire, connect, and empower our sisters, especially in the developing world. Grateful you're here. xo
It’s like a newsletter, but tinier. . . . . and awesomer.
- Listen up
- When your kids teach you about hearing God’s voice
- Love A Mama Midwifery Scholarship Fund: A Mother’s Day Gift that could change a generation
- Why I believe in early pregnancy announcements despite the risk (and fear) of miscarriage
- Beautiful or Average: Would I choose Beautiful with no one watching?
- Consider the Birds of the Air: Thoughts on faith and environmentalism
- Dear Levi (Five years of wonderful)
- Context is Everything
- Jesus loves terrorists, too (Reflecting on the Sydney Siege)
- The Motherheart of God: Unconditional Love
I Still Belong (Why blog?)
My whole identity centers around the fact that I still belong to Him; this blog exists so that women can come here and find a place where they belong, too.
Motherhood, family, faith, life-in-general can be hard. There are no medals given out at the end of a long stretch of difficulty. Rarely is there applause. Often we labor quietly and without much recognition. And you know what? I think that’s okay to an extent.
But I also think we would drown if we didn’t have one another to gain strength and encouragement from, because it’s just that hard down here in the trenches. . . continue reading>>>
Top Posts & Pages
- 100 little things about pregnancy, birth, and being a first-time mom
- DIY on a dime: How to make a toddler loft bed out of an old crib in 10 simple steps
- Kids cowboy birthday party (Budget-friendly, y'all!)
- How to breastfeed in public | 10 easy tips
- How to Be a Stay-At-Home Mom Without Losing Your Marbles
- Home is where you park it: Why we’ve moved into a tiny house on wheels
- Magazine Layout
- How my friend lost 50 pounds, gained energy, and took back her health with Isagenix Cleansing
- Little tidbits: postpartum recovery
- Dealing with gender disappointment in pregnancy