Little tidbits: postpartum recovery
[About postpartum recovery: part 3 of 6 originally published here as part of “100 things I’ve learned about pregnancy, birth, babies, and motherhood” in honor of my 100th blog post.]
29. If you wake up drenched in sweat a week or two after giving birth, get excited about it. You’re sweating off those extra baby fluid pounds.
30. Deal with your disappointment about things that went wrong with the birth and don’t let it steal the joy of birth from you.
31. You are going to feel so overwhelmed with love – don’t try to harness it, just soak in it.
32. Who cares about getting your tiny baby on a schedule from day one? Just snuggle, snuggle, snuggle and let him sleep on your chest as much as your little heart desires.
33. Yes, the world really does want to see a bajillion photos of your baby on facebook – load ‘em up. (You’ll never feel so popular as when you’re the mom of an incredibly good-looking brand-new baby.)
34. Tell hubs to stock up on Draino because at around four months post-partum you will begin to shed ungodly amounts of hair.