A message from Adriel:
Grace Like Scarlett: Grieving with Hope after Miscarriage and Loss by Adriel Booker
Though one in four pregnancies ends in loss, miscarriage is shrouded in such secrecy and stigma that the woman who experiences it often feels deeply isolated, unsure how to process her grief. Her body seems to have betrayed her. Her confidence in the goodness of God is rattled. Her loved ones don’t know what to say. Her heart is broken. She may feel guilty, ashamed, angry, depressed, confused, or alone.
With vulnerability and tenderness, Adriel Booker shares intimate stories about her experiences with miscarriage to help you navigate your own grief and know you aren’t alone. She tackles complex questions about faith, suffering, and God’s will with sensitivity and clarity, devoid of religious clichés or pat answers. Ultimately, Adriel invites you to a wide-open place of grace, honesty, and genuine hope as you discover a redemption story unfolding in the shadows of your loss. She also includes practical resources for ways to help guide children through grief, advice on pregnancy after loss, and special sections for dads and loved ones.
Grace Like Scarlett will help you:
- Better understand your grief and find language to help you talk about your experiences with others.
- Examine the complexities of abstract or disenfranchised grief and the social or religious pressures that can contribute toward a short-circuited grieving process.
- Dignify your grief experience and support you in your journey toward healing.
- Examine grief, pain, and suffering from a Christian perspective by exploring biblical texts, the life of Jesus, and other figures from the Old and New Testaments.
- Help you examine your faith and doubt in the aftermath of your grief, and provide you a safe space to ask hard questions.
- Help you find ways to honor and remember your baby’s life.
- Leave you with practical resources to support healthy relationships with your spouse, children, friends, and church community in the wake of your loss.
Get your copy:
Endorsements for Grace Like Scarlett:
(Read 400+ more reviews on Amazon.)
“I bought your book when I miscarried the first time. It helped me so much. I read it again when we miscarried again. When I see or hear of someone miscarrying I always purchase this book and mail it to them with a card. I think I’ve literally probably bought 25 copies.” —Kayla
“I bought dozens of books after our miscarriage and this one was the most impactful. I couldn’t put it down. I’ve loved being able to gift it to some very special friends who have been walking the road of baby loss and I’ve heard how much Adriel’s words have impacted them in the midst of their heartache.” —Caitlin
“Adriel, I work at a faith-based pregnancy medical clinic and help women with reproductive loss. I use your book as our guide to walk alongside women after miscarriage. Thank you for writing this courageous, beautifully written book. It is true discipleship, not a bandage.” —Tanya