The Babywearing Series | Britax baby carrier
Part 6 of 8 in the Babywearing Series.
I rarely bother entering online giveaways, but last year I entered five during a period of two weeks and I won four of them. Talk about a winning streak! The Britax Baby Carrier is my favorite product that I won.
Although we didn’t need another carrier, we’ve actually used this one quite a bit since it’s great for newborns and not as hot as using the Moby Wrap.
Several times we’ve gone out as a family with Judah on my tummy in the Britax and Levi on Ryan’s back in the Ergo.
Here’s what I love about the Britax Baby Carrier:
- It has a removable infant insert. This is my favorite feature. (With the Ergo, you have to buy the newborn insert separately.)
- It’s fully adjustable and fits well on both my husband (6’3”) and I (5’9”).
- Good weight distribution and comfortable.
- It can hold up to 32 pounds.
- Babies can be carried facing inward and outward.
- Machine washable. (A must!)
- It has a removable 100% cotton bib. I find this such a great feature (again, lacking in the Ergo).
- Adjustable head support for newborns.
- Cooler than wearing the Moby Wrap if you live in a hot climate like we do.
- The shoulder straps are comfy.
Here’s what I don’t love about the Britax Baby Carrier:
- You can’t use it on your back. This is my main issue with the Britax. Even though my toddler does not yet meet the weight limit, there is absolutely no way I’d carry him on my front. Pretty sure I would topple over! Not only that, but we’d go crazy being in each other’s faces like that.
- Although it is comfortable and well-fitting, I don’t think the Britax is quite as comfortable as the ErgoBaby for long distances. (It can hold its own, but the Ergo is hard to beat in my opinion.)
- You cannot breastfeed on-the-go with this carrier. (I can’t at least!)
- I think this one is a little overpriced ($130ish) considering it can’t be used as a backpack carrier. (But the upside is that you can use it from birth, unlike some other carriers.)
P.S. We are camping out bush all this week! That means unplugged, baby!!! No internet, or even phone access for me. (Crikey!) I’ll do my best to respond to your emails and comments when I return. 🙂
Join our Babywearing Carnival
Do you have a post on Babywearing – why you love it or which is your favorite type of carrier or maybe just a photo post of you wearing your little one? At the end of the Babywearing Series, I’ll host a link-up for you to add your link. Prepare your post (or freshen one up from your archives) and keep your eyes open for it to go live on Saturday, March 10th. Please use a text link or the image below on your carnival post.