We work in the office, we work at home, we work from home.
All moms work… and work hard. No one can dispute that.
In celebration of moms doing what’s best for themselves, their kids, and their families, I’m putting together a series called Moms Who Work.
I’m calling the series Moms Who Work because we all know that being a mom is hard work, whether that’s your full time “job” or not. Every position comes with its own ups and downs… its own rewards and pitfalls.
Although the MWW series will include some thoughts from me, the even more exciting news is that I will be having a variety of guest bloggers (which I will introduce at the beginning of the series). Moms Who Work will feature working moms, stay-at-home-moms, work-from-home-moms, studying moms…
My heart for this series is to generate discussion and get a variety of perspectives about the joys, challenges, highlights, low-lights, and the reasons that moms make the decisions that they do, whether they work inside or outside the home, or a combination of both.
No doubt we’ll be inspired by some incredible Moms Who Work as they provoke us to think and evaluate, help us to understand different perspectives, and encourage us in our own journeys. I can’t wait to hear from them!
I’d also like to hear from you – Moms Who Work – as we prepare for this series!
1. Are you a stay-at-home-mom, work-at-home-mom, working mom, or studying mom?
2. Was this decision hard for you? (Why or why not?)
3. What is the best part about being a _________?
4. What is the hardest part about being a _________?
5. What do you wish you’d known when you first decided to stay at home/go back to work/work from home/start back at school/etc.?
6. Was the transition difficult for you? (Why or why not?)
7. What do you wish others better understood about what it’s like to be in your position?
8. Is there anything that you’d especially like to see covered during the upcoming Moms Who Work series??
Please feel free to answer one or all of my questions in a comment below. I’ll be using some of your responses in the upcoming Moms Who Work series and will be sure to credit you and your blog.